Rapport CIDI: Overzicht van de haatzaaiende uitspraken van sjeik Al-Haddad
In verschillende media verklaarde sjeik Haitham al-Haddad gisteren dat hij geen haatzaaiende (tegen joden) of andere radicale uitspraken heeft gedaan.
Over het geheugen van de sjeik kunnen wij geen oordeel vellen, maar hieronder treft u citaten en transcripties van diverse uitlatingen gedaan door Al-Haddad, die het tegendeel van zijn ontkenning bewijzen. In verband met de tijdsdruk zijn de meeste teksten in het Engels.
Haitham Al-Haddad, who has been invited to speak in the Netherlands, is a Saudi born preacher who lives in London. He holds a degree in Law and Sharia from Omdurman University in Khartoum in Sudan, and a degree in Computer Science from the King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals in Saudi Arabia. He is currently pursuing a PhD in Islamic Law at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) in London. Al-Haddad is the chairman of the Muslim Research and Development Foundation.
- In the article ‘The Intifada and the Signs of Victory,’ (2001) Al-Haddad made a series of anti-Jewish statements he states that Jews are the “eternal enemies of God” and that they “descended from apes and pigs.” An identical message was delivered by al-Haddad on 28.4.2003 at the Muntada al-Islami mosque in London.
- In the article ‘Who Are The Innocents?’, Al-Haddad proclaims that Muslims should “hate” the kuffar (unbeliever). He declares “Jews and Christians to be kuffar,” and that “hating them, and avoiding them” is a “necessity.”
- (18 mei 2001). We know that the Jews are using all that they can to end this conflict in their favour. They are doomed and will lose. They are one of the armies of the devil, of which Allah the Almighty said: And incite [to senselessness] whoever you can among them with your voice and assault them with your horses and foot soldiers and become a partner in their wealth and their children and promise them. But Satan does not promise them except delusion
Did Allah not commands us to seek refuge from the devils of mankind and the jinn? Indeed, the devils of mankind are perfectly represented by these Jews. Do their Protocols [of the Elders of Zion] not say: “We must seduce the world with women and wine, through gambling and recreation, and if this is not sufficient then their reality will testify to this.”
Justifying Suicide Bombing:
In the piece ‘Who are the Innocents’, Al-Haddad defends the use of suicide operations against non-Muslims. He argues that Muslims are permitted “on the battlefield to kill a group of non-Muslims if they are using Muslims as a type of shield and there is no other way to get at them. This way, even if it leads to the killing of some Muslims, as long as non-Muslims are killed, is permissible.”
Calling Osama Bin Laden a “martyr”
In May 2011, following the killing of al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden (OBL), Al-Haddad wrote an article titled ‘Advice to Muslims on the death of Osama Bin Laden.’ Al-Haddad condemned Al-Qaeda’s crimes; yet, he suggested that OBL was a ‘martyr’ who would one day go to heaven: “he [OBL] died as a Muslim and it is an established part of our Islamic creed that every Muslim, unlike the disbelievers, will eventually enter paradise. According to a number of scholars, the Muslim killed by the enemies of Islam is considered a martyr, regardless of whether he died during combat or simply in a state of non-combative military engagement such as being killed whilst sleeping.”
America “instigated” the War on Terror
In the same pieced noted above, Al-Haddad asserted that the West needed Al-Qaeda and claimed that the War on Terror was started by America: “Even though we fundamentally disagree with al-Qaeda and we condemn the unjustified killing that is attributed to them, it was very much instigated by the enemies of Islam themselves. In fact, I strongly believe that the presence of al-Qaeda is pleasing to the US especially as it allows the US justification for their crimes.”
Call for Global Sharia Law
In a sermon, entitled ‘Conditions for the Relationships with the People of the Book,’ (14 juni 2011) Al-Haddad declared that Islamic law should be implemented across the world. He asserted:“Muslims should prevent them from ruling any country with a law other than the shari’ah and Muslims should rule the entire planet with this Islamic law, and should this lead to fighting the People of the Book, Allah said: “And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah) and (all and every kind of) worship is for Allah (alone)…The aim of Jihad is primarily for Allah’s law to govern the whole earth, and for no other law to remain.”
Divorce of Muslim Women
In August 2008, Al-Haddad criticised new British legislation, which enabled Muslim women to get a divorce from their husbands more easily. He stated: “Any person who is trying to change Islam from a western point of view, or he is living in the West or is changing Islam to fit into the Western lifestyle… don’t believe that he is trying to find solutions for Muslims’ problems. Don’t believe that he is trying to follow certain opinions carried out by certain scholars or by certain school of thoughts. No. He is colonised or he is defeated or he is an hypocrite person (sic).”
In February 2008, Al-Haddad voiced his sympathy towards those Muslims who demonstrated against the publication of the Danish cartoons. Al-Haddad asserted that it was apart of “freedom of speech” that is denied to Muslims.
Over vrouwenbesnijdenis (7 februari 2012)
The sunnah [Islamically correct] way of doing it, the proper way of doing it, it is the consensus of all the scholars that female circumcision is sunnah. I haven’t come across any scholar who said it clearly that it is not sunnah. All of them they said that it is sunnah, in fact some scholars say it is wajeb (obligatory).”
Over mensenrechten en van steniging (14 juni 2011)
Onderstaande link, vanaf ongeveer 28:00 : can Islam meet human rights values. Question human rights. We always question Islam. Who defines human rights? Who says that to cut the hand of the thief is wrong, but to put the thief behind bars is right. Who says that this is humane and this is inhumane? We want you to think about that. Who says what is right an what is wrong? What is the purpose of penal code? We think the main purpose is to produce justice. We don’t think of the life after death. Who says so? Why not say the main purpose is to cleanse the person.
vanaf 31:11: For example the lady who has committed adultery. She doesn’t want justice. she worries about what will happen to her in the afterlife. So she begged the (…) to purify her. This is not a unique case. Here with me a lady who committed adultery (..) was begging for me to find her a way to go to any muslim country where she can be stoned so she can be free from the punishment in the hereafter
Steniging quote uit lange interview NOS (16 februari 2012)
00:54 ongeveer. NOS: The stoning of adulterers is allowed, is that true?
“Uit Islamitisch oogpunt, wij hebben bepaalde regels voor straffen. Die straffen zijn iedereen bekend, ik ben niet de eerste die dit zegt. Maar als wij spreken over de straf voor de overspelige vrouw, of man, allebei: deze straf moet niet worden toegepast in Westerse of niet-islamitische landen. Ik heb het alleen over de Islamitische opvatting over dit soort misdrijf. “
Over de jihad (gisteren ook te zien bij Pauw en Witteman), dit is uitgebreidere versie van de quote (26 januari 2009):
“Wij zeggen altijd dat het conflict tussen de islam en de vijanden van de islam maar doorgaat. En wij moeten bereid zijn een hoge prijs te betalen voor de overwinning. U moeten beseffen dat de overwinning niet makkelijk te behalen is. Wij moeten de prijs van deze overwinning met ons bloed betalen en moslims zijn bereid om dat te doen.
“Een van de, het grootste voordeel van dit conflict of deze oorlog is: veel moslims die onze religie hebben verlaten raakten overtuigd dat zij moeten terugkeren naar de religie en raakten meer overtuigd dat de enige oplossing voor islam om aan de macht te komen of om rechtvaardigheid te laten winnen is dat moslims terugkeren naar hun religie. Het is heel veelbelovend, hoopgevend dat een van de demonstranten in Marokko (..) een vrouw, zei : ik ben seculier, maar ik geloof sterk in jihad. Dat een seculiere moslim en vooral in Marokko dat zegt is een grote verandering in de ideologie van die mensen.
Het is maar een teken dat meer moslims overtuigd raken dat de enige weg voor een moslim is terug te keren tot Allah en de religie. hoewel dit geen preek (..) is voor jihad, heeft het gebeurde duidelijk moslims aangemoedigd om zich voor te bereiden op Jihad. Alle moslims, overal ter wereld. (..) u kunt zeggen dat dit maar een emotionele reactie was, maar emoties kunnen soms een grote invloed hebben op een mensenleven.”
In het Engels vertaald opinieartikel uit het Arabisch, geschreven in mei 2002.
By: Haitham bin-Jawad Al Haddad
Recently we have been increasingly hearing about the peace with the Jews, and about that the Arab countries are planning to draft a new initiative, which would include condemnation of all forms of violence, and activity to halt it by any means possible, and also preparation for a new phase in which there will be peaceful coexistence between the two sides, the Palestinians and the Israeli … which would include full normalization between the two sides.
In light of the grave danger for the Muslim faith that such initiatives hold … and to the Muslims in Palestine in particular, clerics – and we have already seen reactions and initiatives on their part – are to interpret the developments using the Sharia and before anything is officially declared, and made harder to discuss. There are rash initiatives.
O Muslims, the religious sages have already spoken about juridical issues concerning peace with the Jews … It is useless to repeat what those men of standing have said, especially seeing as [their words] are easily accessible. But peace with Israel and its subsequences – what is now called “condemnation of violence in all its forms – especially in these days holds many offenses of Sharia and faith. This is compounded by offenses presented by forging peace with the Jews during normal times. These are the reasons for this:
1. Peace with the murderous Jews these days, after the Jews had killed hundreds of Muslims and Jihad warriors in Palestine, is an enormous betrayal in these Muslims … because it is abandonment and withdrawal of support in them. It is a given that abandoning a Muslim and withholding him support is an offense – and this is doubly true when it comes to betraying hundreds of Jihad warriors who expected to find someone to support them and help them against their dispossessors.
2. Peace with the Jews these days holds, beyond the abandonment of Muslims, contentment with their crimes, including murder and deportation. Instead of doing everything we can to reclaim our rights from them, we stay silent and call to make peace with them [thereby] offering payment for their crimes. Accommodating sin is the same as sinning – and killing Muslim Jihad warrior and imprisoning them and torturing them, obliterating their land and stealing it – those are among the greatest sins.
3. It is known to all that the US, which heads global infidelity and fighting Islam and Muslims, is the one who asked the Arab nations to cease with self sacrifice (Amalyaat Istashhadiyah – suicide attacks) and pressured the Palestinian president to halt them. Without referring to the [religious] law regarding these actions, complying with these unjust demands by those who took it upon themselves to fight Islam and Muslims, our brethren, contains two major religious offenses: First of all, associating with the enemies of Allah, the Jews and the Christians. Secondly: assisting the infidels against the Muslims. It is known that each of these offenses is enough [grounds] to extract [a Muslim] from the community [of Muslims] [quotes of verses 51 and 52 of Surat Elmaáda]
4. Condemning these actions of self sacrifice [suicide attacks] and transforming them into terrorism and condemnable violence – regardless of the legal position on these actions, which are known to all to be the only means with which the Palestinians can resist the aggression directed at them and are the only form of defensive Jihad [Jihad Aldaf’a] that the Muslims there [Palestine] have at their disposal – constitute of nullifying defensive Jihad. This is most serious because it means the nullification of one of the most serious commandments in this religion.
5. The Palestinian senior officials have committed serious treason when they prosecuted and then extradited the suspects in the murder of the Jewish minister (Rechavam Zeevi) and agreed to deport several Palestinians out of their land. This is because these actions constitute explicit recognition of the fact that the killing of Jews is a crime for which there are legal punishments. This betrayal is expounded when we see that they [the Palestinian officials] did not demand anything of the Israelis who killed Palestinian jihad warriors by assassination.
O religious sages, o preachers, o seekers of knowledge, the responsibility placed upon you these days is made double because of the significance of the situation in which the nation finds itself; you must clarify Allah rule regarding the developments to fulfill your duty toward Allah and advise the nation. Maybe this will prompt the Muslims to act seriously to assist their religion and faith.
CIDI, 16 februari 2012
 http://www.irf.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=219%3Abio-data-haitham-al-haddad+&catid=57%3Aorators-international&Itemid=174, (8/2/2012). Translation is from Google.
 http://www.alminbar.net/alkhutab/khutbaa.asp?mediaURL=6449, (18-05-2001).
 See from 9.26 minutes the end for the crucial part of the speech,